How do you find anything in the mountain of data on your PC?
How do you organise, maintain, archive and protect your files?
How do you avoid surrendering to the Powers of Darkness?
Checkpoint Commander, the vital tool for Information Management!
For screenshots and
more information, please see the
Download from Sourceforge.
All bugs, feature requests, discussion etc to the collaboration server please,
not to SourceForge. Thx.
Please note that Java 6 JRE
is required. Checkpoint Commander has only been tested against the Sun JRE
(linked to here), but may work against a Free JRE which conforms to the Java 6
- 10 August 2007
- CPC 6.1.0 is out! Improved installer. Improved (largely re-written!)
audio player for more robust playback on slower machines or remote connections,
and pre-cueing for gap-free changeover between tracks. Find files or folders
reports total number and size of matching files. Result-sets may now contain
multiple copies of the same file. Better handling of folder looparound when
tracking. Performance improvements. Better error reporting support.
Source build fixes.
- 25 June 2007
- CPC 6.1.0 released to internal QA.
- 8 June 2007
- CPC 6.0.1 is out! Advanced connection options for helper apps. Support
for saving result sets. Support for rearranging result sets. Improved MIME
management / viewer binding interface. Improved XSPF support. Basic file metadata
support - file size and last-modified time. Checkpoint 6 compatibility.
- 16 March 2007
- CPC 6.0.1 released to internal QA.
- 29 Jan 2007
- CPC 6.0.0 closed beta ends.
- 9 September 2006
- CPC 6.0.0 goes into closed beta. Checkpoint 6 offers a major architecture
upgrade, and there are some big new features in CPC 6 as well. See the sidebar
for the release notes.
- 8 April 2006
- CPC 5.7.1 is out! Usability Cleanups. Audio player now supports M3U files
(with some limitations - see release notes). Improvements to text editor:
undo / redo, find / replace, save as.
- 6 April 2006
- CPC 5.7.1 released to internal QA.
- 6 January 2005
- CPC 5.7.0 is out! See the sidebar for release notes and download links.
NB. Java 5 is required for this release; it won't run under Java 1.4.
- 9 December 2005
- CPC 5.7.0 released to internal QA. This release migrates Checkpoint
Commander to Java 5. NB. Java 5 will be *required* for this release; it won't
run under Java 1.4.
- 1 December 2005
- Collaboration server is back up. Hopefully we won't have that
again - dial-up Internet connectivity, what fun...
- 4 November 2005
- The collaboration server is offline due to comms problems. Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.
- 24 October 2005
- CPC 5.6.0 is out! See the sidebar for release notes and download links.
- 21 October 2005
- Project approved by SourceForge. The system is coming up, please wait...
- 29 September 2005
- Checkpoint Commander 5.6.0 released to internal QA. Primarily a consolidation and
cleanup release, this also changes the license to LGPL. The first public release.
- 17 August 2005
- Checkpoint Commander 5.5.2 released to internal QA. Interim bugfix release.
- 30 March 2005
- Checkpoint Commander 5.5.0 released to internal QA. Cryptography changes and
an upgraded audio player.